Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

ANZAC Day Lest we forget

Today is ANZAC Day in Australia, a day we especially remember service men and women who have served our country. ANZAC stands for Australian New Zealand Army Corps and was the name given to our soliders who fought in WWI.

This morning we went to the Memorial service in town . Both my grandad and my husband's grandfather were Rats of Tobruk in WWII, so today we were especially remembering them.

This week at work we have read My Grandad Marches on ANZAC Day by Catriona Hoy. This is an gorgeous book told through the eyes of a little girl, showing what she knows about ANZAC day.



My grade 1's made the cut & paste sentence of the ANZAC Ode from here

And my Preps (Kinders) made this ANZAC day book.


Today is also a BIG football day, with Collingwood vs. Essendon. I don't barrack for either of these teams but unless you barrack for Collingwood everyone else tends to support Essendon today so, GO BOMBERS! 


Sorry about the members bit at the end but it was the only clip I could find to explain it!

Lest we forget xx 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10