Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

Retell it!

Being able to retell a story including the main parts is an important skill to learn. We do lots and lots of retelling in all different ways: 
-EEKK (Eye to Eye, Knee to Knee) with a buddy
-Drawing
-Making the book
-Wall stories
-Miming
-'Teacher' retell- the kids take turns to be the 'teacher' and retell the story without the book
-I love this free packet from Rachel at What the teacher wants. My favourite activity is the 4 square retell
-5 Finger retell- tell 5 facts from the story. This is my simple version that I use with my preps and ones. In each of the fingers the students write one word from the story and in the palm they draw a picture. Download it from google docs here or click on the pic
Wishing you a great weekend & if you're as tired as I have been this week, I hope it involves a lazy Sunday and lots of sleep-ins.
x Bec



Freebie Fridays

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cute idea... I really like it- and appreciate the freebie! Welcome to the blogging world! I am happy to say that I'm your newest follower! Hop over to my place anytime :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School
    Win Educational Games Worth $65 Give Away

    ReplyDelete

09 10