Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

Five for Friday

I'm linking up (a little later than usual) with 

Week 7 down, 4 more to go before holidays. Not the best time to have caught a horrible head cold- the kind where my face feels like it's 3 times as big, headache, blocked nose- urgh, but I'll stop whinging :)


We're learning all about "What happened a long, long time ago?" with a focus on dinosaurs. This week we:



  • Made a 'life-size' Triceratops foot & measured it using unifix, books, boxes, etc. We got the free printable from here


  • Wrote information reports about the Triceratops and the T-Rex after watching this 


 T-Rex video

We have continued working on our social skills using my "Stop-It, I don't like it" book and poster.


This week we focussed on the letter V. We read The Violin Man by Colin Thompson. The pictures in this book are incredible! 


It was a great story to make predictions before reading.

"I predict he will play his violin everyday, walking all over the street."

"I predict that a dinosaur will eat people." lol

The last one cracked me up as it had absolutely nothing to do with the Title, Illustrations or Blurb but at least it was a prediction!

It has rained here for most of the week, we had about an inch of rain overnight so I am planning to head back to the couch and snuggle up. Ooh, and maybe have a cup of tea :)

Wishing you a great weekend,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10