Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Sunshine Award

Oh my goodness it has been 3 weeks since I have written a post. How'd that happen?! Plus I started writing this post on Saturday & I am only finishing it now :( Bring on holidays, I say!



The lovely Lola from Preschool Wonders & Paula from Paula's Place have both nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award. This is a super sweet idea! 


The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
{1} Post 11 random facts about yourself.
{2}  Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
{3} Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
{4} Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.

As I am very slack and am also about to head out to a Prep Teddy Bear Mass tonight I will only answer Lola's questions as she nominated me first.


11 Random Facts
1. I painted my nails today while watching Thor, they are blue with sparkles.
2. I turned 29 two weeks ago & am already thinking that I am 30, less worry for next year :)
3. I love to collect vintage Pyrex dishes & tea towels.
4. I hate camping, my husband loves it.
5. I love teaching straight Prep {kinders}.
6. I have a Pinterest addiction.
7. I love boy bands because of all the dorky dance moves.
8. I love to travel and have been to Thailand, Japan, the UK, Irleand & a fair bit of Europe but am dying to go back.
9. I read for fun everyday.
10. I love to bake.
11. My perfect weekend would involve a beer with my hubby, listening to some live tunes, a wander around an art gallery & being able to walk along a beach.

Questions from Lola
{1}What's your favorite subject/theme to teach?  Maths!

{2}If you could travel anywhere where would you go? Spain or New York, both are  still on my wish list.

{3}What's your favorite snack? Crackers & Beetroot dip.

{4}What do you like to do in your free time? Wander around art galleries or spend a weekend with my friend's in Melbourne, hanging out at a bar & listening to live music.

{5}What person has been most influential to you? Work wise, my DP from my first school. She is amazing and I was really fortunate to learn so much from her. Life wise, my Mum, she has not had the easiest life but she has been an awesome Mum.

{6}Where is your favorite vacation spot? In Australia, Lorne. The beach is amazing there, it's where my husband proposed and it's our favourite place to go for a weekend away. If overseas, Paris is pretty spectacular.

{7}How long have you been teaching and what grades/subjects have you taught? This is my 8th year as a teacher. I have taught grade 4 down to Prep {Kindergarten} which I teach now. I think eventually I will move back up, hope fully getting to teach grade 6.

{8}What is the most frustrating thing to you about teaching? The lack of appreciation or understanding sometimes of exactly what we do and how much we care about our kids.
{9}What's the most rewarding thing to you about teaching? Seeing my amazing poppets learn something new & develop into fantastic people.

{10} If you won the lottery what would you do with the money? Pay off our house, buy a house in Italy or France, buy my house and a house near the river and take 6 months off work to travel around the US and South America. 

{11}If you had unlimited time what would you do more of? Sleep, chill with the hubs & be more organised.

11 Bloggers Who Put Sunshine Into My World
I in no way expect these bloggers to fill out questions {and because otherwise this post will never get finished I'm not going to write any} but here are some great blogs to check out:

post signature

1 comment:

  1. The Sunshine Award is such a great idea! I love to be a stickybeak and learn more random things about the bloggers I stalk. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete

09 10