Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

A holiday 5 for Friday

I am so out of it this week- how did it get to be Friday (or actually Saturday morning) again? I haven't linked up with Doodle Bugs for a while & I'm looking forward to reading what others have been up to! You can tell I have a lot planned for today :)

~ One ~
We had an awesome Christmas! I love decorating the house. We had lunch at home with the hub's parents and then travelled to Echuca for tea with the hub's Mum's family. We spent New Years camping at Gentle Annie reserve (near Lake William Hovel). The hubs loves a road trip, his car sick wife not so much but it's all about the compromise! We went to Milawa for a side trip & picked up some yummy delicious produce and stopped at the Brown Brothers winery for some wine. 









~ Two ~
On the way home on New Years day we stopped at Glenrowan to visit the Ned Kelly museum. Had a chat to Bob the 80-year old owner. If you ever go get a chance to go there allow a bit of extra time to talk to Bob! He is quite a character, very typical Aussie lariken.



~ Three ~
I'm in the process of putting together our Prep Letters that go home to our preppies over the holiday to welcome them to school. This is proving a little tricky to do because I have no clue about timetables at my new school yet. My principal is going to be sick of me emailing him questions.

~ Four ~
I love a good vintage shop! We spent the weekend before Christmas visiting my gorgeous cousin Jess and her new bubba Ruby. We stopped at the Mill Markets in Daylesford on the way looking for a cabinet for our lounge room but we are still on the hunt.

~ Five ~
We spent yesterday pottering in the garden & shopping to find to try a screen to cover our clothes line on the paved side of our house. We finished off the night with fish & chips in the park. Have I mentioned that I love holidays?!



Wishing you a fantastic weekend,
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great New Year! So glad I stopped by.

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't linked up with Five for Friday all holidays because I've been so lazy I've got nothing to share! :) I need to get on to writing my letter home to new Prep parents, too - thanks for the reminder! I'm pencilling Monday in as my day to get back into the swing of school work. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been the same Lauren- I had to think really hard to come up with stuff today! I've really just enjoyed sleeping, eating & drinking but I am now trying to detox now- one day without an alcoholic beverage so far- go me :)

      Delete

09 10