Pages

Saturday 25 January 2014

A Back to School 5 for Friday


Oh my goodness these holidays have gone so quickly! I'm really loving summer but I'm also looking forward to heading back, new school, new class, new teacher peeps. Hopefully it will all be exciting :)

~One~

This week has been complete chaos, work wise. My teaching buddy and I definitely need another week for set-up {we've been in at least 4 days out of 5 for the last 3 weeks!} but I am refusing to go in this weekend. I need some me time before work takes over my life again! But our rooms are getting there, we are planning to meet VERY early Tuesday morning to finish the clean up. I'm really looking forward to that, not.

I'm using these clipboards as a revolving display space. Each kidlette has their own clipboard & they'll be able to choose what they display. They look great, even if these pics don't do them justice. I think I may have gotten the idea from somewhere on Pinterest. Love it!



~Two~

Had coffee at two of my favourite places with two of favourite people this week. Coffee at Percy & Percy on Thursday with my ex-{and extremely missed} teaching buddy M. This place is an old milk bar/corner store and has lots of little rooms, cute corners and communal tables. Love it!
This pic is from here

Yesterday at the Old Green Bean with the Hubs. They leave crocheted blankets on the chairs - how cute is that?! And yes it was close to 30C yesterday but I still used the blanket. The Bean also has a vintage store inside, so it's my version of a coffee/shoppy heaven.






~Three~

Tomorrow is Australia Day. Normally I would make a bucket load of lamingtons- sponge cake, dipped in runny chocolate icing, dipped in coconut- yummy. But we are on a healthy eating kick at the moment (we are doing so well!) so the Hubs has banned me from baking. We both can't help ourselves, we'd eat the lot. I found this recipe today from Raspberri Cupcakes for Lamington biscuits. These look SO good.

~Four~

Loving long, gorgeous summer walks around the Lake.

~Five~

I'm having a 100th post giveaway that ends later today. Stop by & enter :)

I'm heading off to enjoy this gorgeous Saturday. Enjoy yours,

post signature

3 comments:

  1. It is always amazing how much extra energy teachers muster when it is time to clean and set up their classrooms. Your post made me hungry. Yum. and I think I will call up my old teaching buddy M. It has been 3 years since we shared an office and adjoining classroom and there are still times I miss her dry wit and conversation.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jenn
    KinderMyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bec,

    Looks like you have a nice, big classroom! I'd love to have a revolving art gallery (like your clipboards) but just don't have the space. :(

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is looking great Bec! Good luck for Tuesday!

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete

09 10