This week felt huge! Kinda glad it's over but next week will be about the same so planning to enjoy every minute of the weekend! Bring on seeing the Kooks!
What we've been up to:
1. P is for Paper Bag Princess
This book is one of my all time favourite's! We made these Paper Bag Princesses from here.
2. We played Buggy Maths this week. The kiddos loved it even though we played with counters because I couldn't find my huge bucket of plastic bugs. Just the pretending the counters were bugs was enough!
But the game should have looked like this:
3. More sports skills this week with a group of PE students. They were so patient with the kids, it has been amazing. This week we learnt how to handball,hand mark and chest mark the footy. Click on the links to see a youtube video of each if you're interested.
4. This year our 'guideline' of "keeping our hands to ourselves" hasn't worked so we have started to talk about self-control. I used the bubbles example from Teacher Tipster yesterday. We'll keep working on it!
5. At home this week it's been "Birthday Week" for my husband's birthday. Yep we celebrate for a whole week and yes I'm the one that started this tradition so I get more presents :) So this left me making a Red Velvet birthday cake at 10pm Tuesday night without buttermilk because the supermarket was out but it still worked with full cream. Thank goodness! I forgot to take a pic but trust me it was good!
So looking forward to the weekend! Hope you have a great one too