Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord!

I'm having the "I'm a bad blogger" guilts today. My bloglette is a bit neglected but work is CRA-ZY at the minute. It shouldn't be but it is!

So to celebrate the craziness and actually encourage myself to blog I'm linking up with Michelle for a Sunday Smorgasbord.



Monday we had an amazing local artist named Terry Jarvis come and visit. He had sessions with all of our classes this week and they love him! Their paintings came up really well!




This week I am in the wonderful chaos of preparing for our grade 3's to be confirmed next week. (I work in a Catholic school if this sounds confusing). It has been almost 6 months of prep and it is finally here! This is my first year in charge so it's been a learning curve but lots of fun...
The display the grade 6's & I worked on, on Friday- the kids names are on doves if you can't tell- it looks pretty good I think!
Although after spending over 6 hours today working on the PowerPoint for the Mass I'm not feeling as excited as I sound but at least it's finished now! I am so looking forward to Saturday night being over just so I know it's all been successful. 


 This is our fat cat Axel. Just because :) He loves milk (particularly out of a bowl full of cereal while one of us is trying to eat it), chewing paper, vegemite, dark spaces and sticking his head into things like mugs of tea, jars of peanut butter, etc. He's a weirdo but we love him!

I've also been baking up a storm this week. I love to bake but I am completely random- I won't bake for a month and then I'll bake 3 things a day for a week. This week I've made a few batches of yo-yo biscuits & choc fudge.


YO-YO BISCUIT RECIPE:
6oz (180g) butter
2oz (60g) icing sugar, sifted
6oz (180g) plain flour
2oz (60g) custard powder
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
FILLING:
2oz (60g) butter
½ cup icing sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoons milk

What are yo-yo biscuits (cookies) called in America? I base all my US knowledge on the gazillion Baby-Sitters Club books I read as a kid and I remember snicker doodles, ice-cream sandwiches & ding-dongs but no yo-yo's. Are they called cookie sandwiches? Hmm..

Hope this was a random enough post and that you stuck with me :)
post signature

6 comments:

  1. What a week you had Bec! I am sure you have had plenty to do for the confirmation as well as your usual teaching duties. We always feel better when these things are over and done with!

    Good luck!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no idea what we'd call those cookies/biscuits over here, other than just plain yummy! :) I honestly haven't seen anything like them. Thanks for sharing & best of luck on your all your hard work. I'm sure it's fabulous! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing Kelly! The only problem is that we eat them too quickly!

      Delete
  3. Haha! I loved The Baby Sitters Club too! Last year for my birthday all I wanted was a game of Candy Land to bring back to Australia with me. I've taken it to school but can't bring myself to let the kids play with it in case they wreck it. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I've so wanted to play Candy Land too! One day I will get to the Sates so I can buy a copy.

      Delete
  4. Love the cat! By the way, thank you for donating to my Giveaway. I"m going to launch it soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

09 10