Pages

Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Monday Meet Up

I'm linking up with The Teaching Tribune for another Monday Meet Me.



1. I have always been a book worm. On a gorgeous sunny day my parents would have to push me out the door to get some sun, goodness knows how I didn't turn out to be Vitamin D deficient. I still love to read & read for fun everyday but I have a little more balance now.

2. My favourite fairytale of all time was Sleeping Beauty. I have two close friends also called Rebecca & there was always at least one other Rebecca in my class. Aurora sounded pretty good to me!

3. I have had a lot of unpleasant things happen as a teacher but I still have nightmares about this. We had a dog come and vsit the class and it attacked one of my boys. He was very lucky to still have his eye- it bit right through his eyelid and he had to have surgery. I spent a very long afternoon and evening in the emergency room waiting for him to come out of surgery. I had taught this poppet for 2 years and this happened in my 2nd year of teaching. It was awful and in a lot of ways I still blame myself. I was very lucky to have a supportive staff and his parents who were very understanding. He is 16 now and is the most gorgeous kid but still has the scars on his face. I still feel very, very guilty every time I see him. Not an experience I ever wish to repeat. I am now extra cautious if we ever have pets visit.

4. I loved The Tomorrow When the War began books by John Marsden. Robyn was the character who I most related to- bookish, nerdy. If you have never read these books I highly recommend them and I won't give away any spoilers but Robyn turns out to be this incredibly brave person. Book 3 is my absolute favourite for a lot of reasons. 

5. I have a younger sister, Jade. We are 18 months apart which in theory means we should be close but we are very, very different people. Plus I'm the oldest and can be a bossy pain in the butt which obviously annoys her :)

6. I love Eggs Benedict or Florentine. They must come with spinach & lots of hollandaise. Yummy.

Thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to reading your link-ups :)
post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm the eldest and a bossy pain in the butt, too! :) I used to read and read and read all the time as a kidlet - but for some reason that didn't spring to mind as my favourite thing to do. I agree about the Tomorrow series, they are amazing! I should buy them so I can re-read them when I get a chance.

    I can understand how awful having one of your little ones hurt in your classroom must have been! That must have been really horrible. :(

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bad dog experience in my classroom too. They are scary!
    Plus I'm an avid reader and a big sister!! My little sister is three days short of two years younger than me, but she's the bossy one.

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! How often do we say to children - yes that's fine bring your dog in, then something like that happens! Oh Bec I am so sorry for you! What a terrible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha we had the same thing for what we loved to do as kids. I was known as the bookworm in my family and was soo happy to get books for my birthdays. :)

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. I absolutely love this site. Stick with it!

    Look into my blog postcardboard boxes,moving boxes

    ReplyDelete

09 10