I'm linking up with The Teaching Tribune for another Monday Meet Me.
1. I have always been a book worm. On a gorgeous sunny day my parents would have to push me out the door to get some sun, goodness knows how I didn't turn out to be Vitamin D deficient. I still love to read & read for fun everyday but I have a little more balance now.
2. My favourite fairytale of all time was Sleeping Beauty. I have two close friends also called Rebecca & there was always at least one other Rebecca in my class. Aurora sounded pretty good to me!
3. I have had a lot of unpleasant things happen as a teacher but I still have nightmares about this. We had a dog come and vsit the class and it attacked one of my boys. He was very lucky to still have his eye- it bit right through his eyelid and he had to have surgery. I spent a very long afternoon and evening in the emergency room waiting for him to come out of surgery. I had taught this poppet for 2 years and this happened in my 2nd year of teaching. It was awful and in a lot of ways I still blame myself. I was very lucky to have a supportive staff and his parents who were very understanding. He is 16 now and is the most gorgeous kid but still has the scars on his face. I still feel very, very guilty every time I see him. Not an experience I ever wish to repeat. I am now extra cautious if we ever have pets visit.
4. I loved The Tomorrow When the War began books by John Marsden. Robyn was the character who I most related to- bookish, nerdy. If you have never read these books I highly recommend them and I won't give away any spoilers but Robyn turns out to be this incredibly brave person. Book 3 is my absolute favourite for a lot of reasons.
5. I have a younger sister, Jade. We are 18 months apart which in theory means we should be close but we are very, very different people. Plus I'm the oldest and can be a bossy pain in the butt which obviously annoys her :)
6. I love Eggs Benedict or Florentine. They must come with spinach & lots of hollandaise. Yummy.
Thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to reading your link-ups :)